Marcaine 0.5% w/ EPI Cooke-Waite
*REQUIRES LICENSE INFORMATION
Free Goods Ship With Order.
Marcaine 0.5% with epinephrine 1:200,000 injection (as bitartrate) (bupivacaine hydrochloride and epinephrine injection, USP)
For longer dental procedures such as extractions and endodontic treatment, Cook-Waite Marcaine can deliver anesthesia of up to seven hours. With an average onset of only two to ten minutes, Marcaine can be administered to adult patients only, via injection or nerve block.
- Additional information
- Anesthesia may last two to three times longer than lidocaine and mepivacaine for dental use, in many patients up to 7 hours.
- Onset of action is usually 2 to 10 minutes.
- No-methylparaben formulation to avoid allergic reactions on sensitive patients.
- 100 percent latex free components to help reduce allergic responses.
- Terminal sterilization of product/cartridges for safe use.
- Mylar label covered glass cartridges to minimize risk of wound in the event of a cartridge breakage.
- Cartridges packed 10 to a blister tray to avoid glass to glass contact, hence reducing breakage.
- Reactions to Marcaine® are characteristic of those used with other amide-type local anesthetics. A major cause of reactions to this group of drugs is excessive plasma levels, which may be due to overdosage, inadvertent intravascular injection or slow metabolic degradation. Marcaine® is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to it or any local anesthetic agent of the amide type or to other components of Marcaine® solutions. Local anesthetics should be employed only by clinicians who are well versed in diagnosis and management of dose-related toxicity and other acute emergencies which might arise from the block to be employed, and then only after insuring the immediate availability of oxygen, other resuscitative drugs, cardiopulmonary resuscitative equipment, an the personnel resources needed for proper management of toxic reactions and related emergencies. Marcaine® contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in certain susceptible people. Please seen the Package Insert for prescribing information.