Carbocaine 3% Plain Cooke-Waite
*REQUIRES LICENSE INFORMATION
Carbocaine 3%(mepivacaine hydrochloride injection, USP) without vasoconstrictor
Carbocaine is indicated for production of local anesthesia for dental procedures by infiltration or nerve block in adults and pediatric patients. Carbocaine is part of the complete line of Cook-Waite Dental Anesthetics – the brand dental professionals have relied on for over 60 years.
- Additional information
- Formulation without vaso-constrictor for specific medical situations.
- Fast onset: 30 to 120 seconds in the maxilla and 1 to 4 minutes for the mandible.
- Duration: will ordinarily provide pulpal anesthesia of about 20 minutes in the maxilla, and about 40 minutes in the mandible.
- No-methylparaben formulation to avoid allergic reactions on sensitive patients.
- 100 percent latex free components to help reduce allergic responses.
- Terminal sterilization of product/cartridges for safe use.
- Mylar label covered glass cartridges to minimize risk of wound in the event of a cartridge breakage.
- Cartridges packed 10 to a blister tray to avoid glass to glass contact, hence reducing breakage.
- Reactions to Carbocaine® are characteristic of those associated with other amide-type local anesthetics. A major cause of adverse reactions to this group of drugs is excessive plasma levels, which may be due to overdosage, inadvertent intravascular injection or slow metabolic degradation. Carbocaine® is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to it or to any local anesthetic agent of the amide type or to other components of mepivacaine solutions. Local anesthetics should be employed only by clinicians who are well versed in diagnosis and management of dose-related toxicity and other acute emergencies which might arise from the block to be employed, and then only after insuring the immediate availability of oxygen, other resuscitative drugs, cardiopulmonary resuscitative equipment, and the personnel resources needed for proper management of toxic reactions and related emergencies. Carbocaine® 2% L contains potassium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in certain susceptible people. Please see package insert for prescribing information.